To: ComTec Employees
Thank you for all the work that you’re doing to serve customers during this challenging time, as the U.S. and India deals with COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We know how busy you are, and greatly appreciate what you’re doing for your customers.
As you know the Corona Virus (COVID-19) is making the headlines in press and media. Employees’ and Customers’ safety are top priorities for ComTec and we assure you that we are continuously monitoring the situation in the U.S. and across globe. We have already setup Corona Virus Response Teams at all ComTec offices. We are pleased to see our customers are setting up teams to monitor the situation and support employees. We urge you to contact Human Resources or your respective managers for additional information regarding COVID–19.
Things known about COVID–19:
Corona viruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that exist and transmit between animals and people. Few years back the world has seen SARS-CoV (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), which transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome), which transmitted from dromedary camels to humans. Now we see a new strain of this virus COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease), which was not identified in humans before.
Symptoms of COVID-19:
Most of the reported illnesses ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and also led to casualties.
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Bluish lips or face
Precautions and preventive measures:
- Clean your hands with soap and water especially after you have been in a public place or after coughing, sneezing
- Alternatively, use hand sanitizer that contains at-least 60% alcohol, covering all the surfaces of your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, noses and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or use inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze. Wash your hands or sanitize your hands immediately.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Maintain at-least 3 feet distance from people who are coughing or sneezing
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wear a face mask if you are sick or if you are taking care of somebody sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
- Keep good stock of sanitization and cleaning material available
- Avoid group gatherings and meetings
- Avoid travel to countries where COVID-19 is widespread
Quick fixes to Stop Corona Virus
- Wash your hands regularly with alcohol-based hand rub or with soap and water
- Stay at-least 3 feet away from someone coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose with bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Stay back home if you feel sick or if you have fever, cough and difficulty in breathing
- Stay alert and be informed – follow the advices given by healthcare provider and public health authorities
We’re continuously watching and monitoring the situation in all our office locations, and also in U.S, India, and around the world. We will share information as it becomes available and will do our level best to keep you informed about what ComTec is doing in this regards. We are in close communication with CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), local and federal health agencies and organizations.
More information about COVID-19 is available on:
We also request you to please pay close attention to all our customer communications – Emails, Messages and Calls. Please adhere to their updated policies and follow all the instructions and guidelines provided by customers. Please stay in touch with your immediate manager and HR.